Job Title: Cost Engineer
Tembagapura, 12 months
• Must have experience in construction experience with value US$500 million
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering
• 15+ years’ experience as Cost Engineer/Cost Analyst/Quantity Surveyor
• Manages all costs relating to building projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
• Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
• Preparation of Cost Estimates to Budget Project, Detailed of Bill of Quantities, Bid Documents, Tendering Classifications and Negotiations and to the contractors, Report Bids.
• Preparation of Contract Documentations, Project Site Meetings, Negotiating and Clarifications, Change Order Work, Progress Valuations, Cost report and Control, Certificates of Payment and Monitoring.
• Prepares Estimates to Budget Project Based on Conceptual Design, Schematic Estimation, Prepares Detailed Estimation
• Prepares quantity take off for all items for Civil Works as per AutoCAD Drawings
• Prepares Bill of Quantities (itemized and priced)
• Coordinate with Client regarding the preparation of Contract
• Analysis, data updating, final cost estimation, and detail master list requirements, for all Jobsite areas in provide excellent cost estimation services, including preliminary cost estimation preparation, Progress Claim Evaluation, Change Work Order, Evaluation Price Estimate, and order to ensure the achievement of the customer's needs and requirements within the budget and time frame according to Company's policies and procedures
• Develop accurate detail cost estimation based on Engineering Service Request (ESR) scope of work (Civil Works, Building Works, Mech & Piping Works, Electrical Works, Instrumentation and FSME Works) in order to provide accurate information on the project cost.
• Review, analyst, and recalculate every ballpark/preliminary cost estimation prepared by Project Engineer or any other department by reconsidering all aspects of engineering drawing, specification, and standards, work method, and any other supporting information using Timberline software, in order to ensure the accuracy of cost estimation.
• Periodically update data of labor, material, and equipment unit cost rates, in order to provide the most appropriate realistic cost estimation
• Evaluate and analyze bid tender and provide appropriate and technically accountable cost estimation recommendation, in order to provide information for management in determining the most appropriate decision.