We have a current opportunity for a Electrical Supervisor on a contract basis. The position will be based in Buliisa, UGANDA (4x4 rotation).
Please only apply if you have the following qualifications/experience: 1) HND (two-year University degree) or equivalent in relevant discipline, 2) Valid COMPEX, 3) Valid Safety Passport. You will unfortunately not be considered unless you meet these minimum requirements.
* Supervise the project Contractor/Subcontractor works with regards to Electrical discipline related to his/her scope in order to ascertain that the plant will be built as per drawings, specifications, procedures, cost and schedule meeting HSE and Quality requirements and expectations. Ensure flow of information is effective between Construction Team, Commissioning Team and the rest of the Project team as required.
* Liaise with all the Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that the construction complies with all Project Design Documentation, with Company Standards and Procedures, and with applicable international Codes, Standards and Practices.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
* Assist the Industrial Area Superintendent South to ensure Compliance with the project objectives throughout the life of the project.
* Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
* Create an environment in which a focus on value awareness is developed and constantly think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
* Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do same.