Position: Instrument Technician - offshore
Job Location: UAE
Job rotation: 28/28
Industry: Oil & Gas
Exploration and Production
1. Electronic instrumentation maintenance in oil & gas, including significant with field analysers
2. Computer applications software such as Microsoft Office/Computerised Maintenance management systems (Oracle preffered)
3. Carries out routine preventive maintenance and calibration of field instruments on a regular basis per the approved schedule for transmitters, control valves, shut down switches and a variety of other instruments in all process areas. Completes work reports after each job giving full details of work carried out, including parts and materials used and man hours spent.
4. Receives repair work orders and carries out repairs to instrumentation equipment and systems. Includes determining faults, replacing or repairing faulty components on PCBs or replacing cards as required; checks untoward readings on controllers and transmitters and advises production of non-instrument related
problems. Assists in minor overhauls of various instruments in the workshop, repairing, checking, replacing and recalibrating equipment parts. Carries out "run-up" and "zero" checks on equipment and ensures all equipment is working.
5. Carries out routine daily checks and calibration of a wide variety of analysers, such as H2S and O2 analysers, gas chromatographs, PH meters, infrared and thermal analysers. Repairs or corrects any routine problems as observed and informs supervisor of any serious abnormalities.
6. Participates and assists in the regular visual inspection of all instrumentation and associated control systems in assigned area, to monitor condition and operation and to locate potential problems.
7. Assists Senior Technicians during fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors.
8. Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on metering system and equipment.
9. Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on Pneumatic and PLC based ESD systems.
10. Assists during troubleshooting of gas turbine start-up problems. Carries out servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis, calibration and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors.
11. Assists in the on-site implementation of improvement/expansion projects on field instrumentation and control system equipment. Includes assisting engineers on site, carrying out actual installation, connection and configuration and running tests on equipment prior to handover.
12. Coordinates with mechanical craftsmen on the maintenance of heavy equipment (compressors, turbines and pumps) by dismantling associated control instruments and cabling. Reinstalls instrumentation when overhaul maintenance has been completed.